- Use one or more of these calculators to determine the number of cubic yards needed.
- To use these calculators, simply enter the length and width (or radius), in feet, as well as the depth, in inches, and click the "Calculate" button.
Notes and Recommendations
- 1. Be sure to account for settling, 1/3 of topsoil will settle.
- 2. To top dress your existing lawn area, calculate 1" depth.
- 3. To fill a vegetable garden, calculate 8-12" depth.
- 4. For new home seed lawn, calculate 4-6" depth.
- 5. For new home sodded lawn, calculate 3-5" depth.
- 6. For raised planting, calculate 12-18" depth.
- 7. To calculate odd or complex shapes, split the area into combinations of rectangles, triangles and/or circles. Drawing the site on graph paper is recommended.
- Contact us for assistance.
- -Each bag is 85 L, 9 bags equals 1 cubic yard
- -1 yd. covers approx. 150 sq. ft. at 2" deep
- -1 yd. covers approx. 100 sq. ft. at 3" deep