- Use one or more of these calculators to determine the number of cubic yards needed.
- To use these calculators, simply enter the length and width (or radius), in feet, as well as the depth, in inches, and click the "Calculate" button.
Notes and Recommendations
- 1. Be sure to account for settling, 1/3 of topsoil will settle.
- 2. To top dress your existing lawn area, calculate 1" depth.
- 3. To fill a vegetable garden, calculate 8-12" depth.
- 4. For new home seed lawn, calculate 4-6" depth.
- 5. For new home sodded lawn, calculate 3-5" depth.
- 6. For raised planting, calculate 12-18" depth.
- 7. To calculate odd or complex shapes, split the area into combinations of rectangles, triangles and/or circles. Drawing the site on graph paper is recommended.
- Contact us for assistance.
- Delivery is available. Same day or next day.
- Free delivery if you order 3 yards or more on decorative stone.
- Free delivery if you order 6 yards or more on mulch & beachstone
- Delivery on orders under 3 or 6 yards would be $65, Some conditions apply.
- Please email or give us a call with any questions.